Introducing our heavenly apricot brioche recipe, a true breakfast treat. This exquisitely crafted bread has a delicate flavor that will transport your taste buds to a paradise of sweetness. The subtle hint of apricot that flows into every soft, golden bite ensures an unforgettable taste experience. But wait, there’s more! When expertly roasted and generously buttered, this delicious creation becomes a delicious morning feast in its own right. Start your day deliciously with our apricot brioche, guaranteed to bring a touch of decadence to your breakfast table.
- 375 g strong white flour
- 50g powdered sugar
- 7 g bag of rapid yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 100 ml milk
- 4 eggs
- 175g butter, softened
- 140g dried apricots, diced
- Mix flour, sugar, yeast and salt in a mixer or large bowl.
- Add milk and 3 eggs and continue mixing until a smooth dough forms – 5 minutes in the mixer or 8 minutes with your hands.
- Add the soft butter and mix for another 5 minutes in the mixer or 10 minutes by hand.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and let it rest in the refrigerator overnight.
- Grease 2 x 500g lunch boxes.
- Divide the dough into about 16 pieces and stick a few apricots into each piece.
- Seal them and form them into small balls.
- Place the balls in a can in batches of two until the can is full. No more than 8 pieces should be needed per can.
- Let the brioche rise for 3 hours until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Brush with 1 beaten egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the loaves are golden brown and sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Equipment and tools
Here are the equipment and tools you need to make apricot brioche:
- mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Electric mixer or stand mixer
- Dough hook attachment
- Pastry brush
- rolling pin
- Baking dish or cake pan
- parchment paper
- Cooling rack
This apricot brioche recipe contains the following allergens:
Please be sure to check the packaging of the ingredients you use to ensure they are suitable for your dietary needs.
Storage and leftovers
After baking the apricot brioche, follow these tips for storage and leftovers:
- Allow the brioche to cool completely before storing.
- Store in an airtight container or wrap in plastic wrap to preserve freshness.
- Store at room temperature for up to 2 days.
- If not consumed within 2 days, store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- To freeze, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and store in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
- Thaw frozen brioche overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Health Benefits of Apricot Brioche
Apricot brioche is a delicious pastry that not only satisfies your taste buds but also offers several health benefits. Packed with a delicious combination of sweet apricots and soft, buttery brioche, this pastry can be a nutritious addition to your diet. Let’s delve deeper into the health benefits it has to offer:
1. Excellent energy source
Apricot brioche is made from strong white flour, which provides a good amount of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are the most important source of energy for our body and support daily activities and metabolic functions.
2. Essential nutrients from apricots
This delicious pastry contains diced dried apricots, which provide a variety of essential nutrients. Apricots are rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium and iron. These nutrients help maintain overall health and well-being.
3. Supports digestive health
The addition of dried apricots also gives the apricot brioche fiber. Fiber supports digestion and can prevent constipation. It adds volume to the stool, facilitates regular bowel movements and promotes a healthy digestive system.
4. Nutritional Value of Milk and Eggs
Apricot brioche dough is made from milk and eggs, which improves its nutritional profile. Milk is an excellent source of calcium, which plays a crucial role in bone health. It also contains vitamins such as vitamin D, vitamin B12 and protein. Eggs, on the other hand, provide protein and several important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, vitamin D, folic acid and iron.
5. Healthy fats
The butter used in apricot brioche provides a velvety texture and rich flavor. While excessive consumption of butter may not be recommended, moderate amounts can provide the body with healthy fats. Healthy fats are essential for brain function, hormone production and the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins.
So next time you treat yourself to a piece of apricot brioche, remember that you are not only doing something good for your taste buds, but also providing your body with valuable nutrients. However, as part of a balanced diet, it is important to consume these pastries in moderation.