Introducing our delicious apricot ricotta cake, a delicious twist on the traditional cheesecake. Despite its seductively similar appearance, this exquisite dessert offers a unique taste experience that is refreshingly light and delicate. The velvety soft ricotta harmonizes perfectly with the sweetness of the apricots and creates an irresistibly heavenly combination. Indulge in every heavenly bite as you enjoy the remarkable contrast between the airy texture and spicy undertones. A delicious treat that will effortlessly satisfy your cravings without weighing you down – truly a guilt-free treat like no other.
- 100g butter, cut into cubes
- 100g ground almonds
- 100g self-raising flour
- 100g golden powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 250 g canned ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tbsp sour cream
- 50g golden powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 small apricots, halved and pitted (or use canned)
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to fan 140°C/fan 160°C/gas 3.
- Put all the ingredients for the base, except the egg, in a food processor and mix everything into breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and mix again until it forms a paste.
- Scrape into the bottom of a greased 24cm loose-bottomed springform pan and spread with a spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the dough has risen and set.
- Meanwhile, mix the ricotta with eggs, sour cream, sugar and vanilla in a bowl.
- When the base has baked for 25 minutes, remove it from the oven.
- Scatter the apricots quickly over the ground.
- Pour the cheese mixture over it.
- Return to the oven for a further 50 minutes until the mixture has set and begins to turn golden around the edges.
- Run a knife around the cake to loosen it from the edge of the pan.
- Cool and relax. You can do this a day in advance.
- Transport the can covered with cling film or foil.
- Turn it out and dust it with powdered sugar.
Equipment and tools
To prepare the apricot ricotta cake you will need the following equipment and tools:
- mixing bowl
- Whisk or electric mixer
- Knife for cutting butter
- measuring cup
- Spatula or wooden spoon
- Round cake pan or springform pan
- baking paper
- Cooling rack
- Sieve for dusting powdered sugar
The apricot ricotta cake contains the following allergens:
- Milk (from ricotta cheese)
Storage and leftovers
Store leftover apricot ricotta pie in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It can be kept for up to 3 days.
If you prefer, you can also freeze individual slices of the cake. Make sure they are wrapped tightly in plastic wrap or stored in freezer-safe containers. Frozen cake will last up to 1 month.
Allow a stored or frozen pie to come to room temperature before serving or warm it gently in the oven.
Health Benefits of Apricot Ricotta Pie
Apricot Ricotta Pie is not only a delicious dessert but also offers several health benefits. The combination of apricots and ricotta cheese provides various nutrients that contribute to overall well-being. Let’s take a closer look at the health benefits of this delicious cake:
1. Nutrient rich
The cake contains ground almonds, which are a great source of healthy fats, fiber, protein, vitamin E and minerals such as magnesium and potassium. Ricotta cheese is low in fat and high in protein, calcium and phosphorus. These ingredients make the cake a nutritious treat.
2. Good for heart health
The apricot and ricotta cake is prepared in moderation with butter, which provides the necessary fats. Ground almonds and ricotta cheese are both excellent sources of monounsaturated fats, which have been linked to lowering bad cholesterol and reducing the risk of heart disease.
3. Rich in protein
The tart contains eggs and ricotta cheese, both of which are high in protein. Protein is essential for various body functions, including cell repair and growth, maintaining muscle mass, and producing enzymes and hormones.
4. Antioxidant powerhouse
Apricots, the main ingredient of this cake, are rich in antioxidants such as vitamin C, beta-carotene and lycopene. Antioxidants help protect the body from free radicals and oxidative stress, which can lead to chronic disease and aging.
5. Digestive health
The cake contains self-raising flour, which contains fiber. Fiber is crucial for maintaining a healthy digestive system, preventing constipation, regulating blood sugar levels, and promoting satiety after meals.
6. Bone health
Ricotta cheese is an excellent source of calcium, a mineral essential for strong bones and teeth. Adequate calcium intake is crucial for preventing conditions such as osteoporosis and promoting overall bone health.
7. Vitamin boost
Apricots are full of vitamins, including vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E. These vitamins play an important role in supporting the immune system, maintaining healthy skin, promoting collagen production and protecting against oxidative damage.
Overall, Apricot Ricotta Pie offers a delicious way to incorporate nutrient-dense ingredients and enjoy their numerous health benefits. So treat yourself to this delicious dessert and nourish your body at the same time.