This Apricot Blueberry Crumble Cake is a delicious treat that’s perfect for any occasion – whether you’re planning a charming picnic, looking for a delicious pudding or just want to enjoy a leisurely afternoon tea with friends. The combination of juicy apricots and tangy blueberries creates a flavor explosion that is wonderfully complemented by the buttery streusel topping. Each bite offers a delicious balance of sweetness and texture, making it an instant crowd-pleaser. So bake this delicious cake and indulge in its irresistible aroma and delicious taste – a real treat for all the senses!
- 200 g butter, soft
- 225g golden powdered sugar
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 Table spoons of milk
- 150 g vanilla yoghurt
- 300g apricots, skinned, halved and pitted, or alternatively use a drained 410g can
- 225 g blueberries in a basket
- 25g butter
- 3 heaped tablespoons of flour
- 3 tbsp demerara sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Line an oblong baking pan (21 x 30 cm) with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- In a mixing bowl, mix butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, eggs and milk until creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the lid.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until the cake is almost set.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the yogurt and fruit.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the streusel by rubbing all the ingredients together.
- After 25 minutes, take the cake out of the oven.
- Quickly spoon the yoghurt over the cake and spread the fruit on top.
- Finally add the streusel mixture.
- Put the cake back in the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Serve the cake warm as a pudding or let it cool and cut into squares for tea.
Equipment and tools
- mixing bowl
- Electric mixer or hand mixer
- Spatula or wooden spoon
- 20cm cake tin
- baking paper
- knife or peeler
- cutting board
- Potato masher or fork
- Small pot
- Baking paper or foil
- Cooling rack
This Apricot Blueberry Streusel Cake contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (butter, yogurt)
- Gluten (self-raising flour, baking powder)
Please consider any dietary restrictions or allergies before consumption.
Storage and leftovers
This Apricot Blueberry Crumble Cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Alternatively, you can store it in the fridge for up to a week.
If there are any leftovers, you can enjoy them chilled or warmed up in the microwave or oven. The streusel topping may lose some of its crunch, but the taste is still delicious!
Health Benefits of Apricot Blueberry Crumble Cake
Apricot Blueberry Crumble Cake not only satisfies your sweet tooth but also offers a number of health benefits. This delicious dessert combines the goodness of apricots, blueberries and other nutritious ingredients like yogurt and self-rising flour. Let’s take a closer look at the health benefits of some of the key ingredients in this delicious cake.
Apricots are a highly nutritious fruit full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. These bright orange fruits are an excellent source of vitamin A, which promotes good vision, supports immune function, and maintains healthy skin. They also contain fiber, which promotes digestion and prevents constipation. Apricots are rich in potassium, which is essential for maintaining heart health and controlling blood pressure. In addition, they provide vitamin C, an antioxidant that supports the immune system and helps protect cells from damage.
Blueberries are often hailed as a superfood due to their high antioxidant content. These tiny berries are full of flavonoids, which have been linked to a reduced risk of chronic diseases, including heart disease and certain cancers. Blueberries are also rich in vitamin C, which boosts the immune system and increases collagen production for healthy skin. In addition, their high fiber content contributes to digestive health and can help regulate blood sugar levels.
Adding vanilla yogurt to this streusel cake not only provides a creamy texture but also provides several health benefits. Yogurt is an excellent source of calcium, which is essential for maintaining strong bones and teeth. It also contains probiotics, beneficial bacteria that support a healthy gut microbiome. Probiotics can support digestion, strengthen the immune system and even have a positive effect on mental health.
4. Self-raising flour
Self-rising flour is a combination of all-purpose flour and baking powder that gives this cake its light and fluffy texture. Although it does not offer any particular health benefits on its own, using self-raising flour in moderation can be part of an overall balanced diet.
Cinnamon gives the streusel topping a warm and aromatic taste. In addition to its delicious taste, cinnamon has been proven to have various health benefits. It contains antioxidants that help fight inflammation and reduce the risk of chronic diseases. Cinnamon may also help regulate blood sugar levels, making it beneficial for those with diabetes or insulin resistance.
So the next time you enjoy a slice of Apricot Blueberry Streusel Cake, enjoy the delicious taste while appreciating the many health benefits that the key ingredients provide. Enjoying a treat that offers both flavor and nutritional value is a truly satisfying experience!