Introducing the irresistible Apple Flapjack Trifle, a delicious dessert that combines the rich flavor of buttery flapjacks with the comforting goodness of apples. This delicious creation consists of crispy nuggets of sweetened and spiced oats that add a tantalizing crunch to every bite. This shareable treat is an excellent choice for bringing people together and enjoying a sweet treat. The buttery flavor and delicious mix of textures make this dessert a true crowd pleaser. Surprise your loved ones with the ultimate treat – the Apple Flapjack Trifle!
- 100g porridge
- 1 tsp spice mix
- 50 g light muscovado sugar
- 50g butter
- 7-8 Cox or red apples, depending on size
- 25g butter
- 25g golden powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons blackcurrant coulis (can be found in small bottles in the refrigerator shelf next to the creams or with the canned fruit)
- 500g carton of fresh vanilla pudding
- 284ml carton of double cream
- Mix together the oat flakes, spices and sugar.
- Melt the butter in a skillet, add the oats and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly toasted and crispy (they will get even crispier as they cool), about 5 minutes.
- Place the toasted oats in a bowl and let cool.
- Peel, core and cut apples into thick slices.
- Melt the butter in the pan until it foams.
- Add the sliced apples to the pan and fry them briefly over fairly high heat. Turn them over as soon as they start to take on color.
- Sprinkle sugar over the apples and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the apples are slightly softened.
- Allow the cooked apples to cool.
- Layer half of the cooled apples and almost half of the toasted oats in a glass serving bowl.
- Repeat the previous step and set aside some oats.
- Drizzle coulis (fruit sauce) over the layered apples and oatmeal.
- Pour the vanilla pudding over the coulis.
- Whip the cream.
- Pour the whipped cream over the vanilla sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining oatmeal on top.
- Serve the apple flapjack trifle immediately or refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
Equipment and tools
- mixing bowl
- baking pan
- frying pan
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (butter, cream, vanilla sauce)
Storage and leftovers
This treat can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Leftovers should be consumed within this time.
Health Benefits of Apple Flapjack Trifle
Combining the benefits of apples, oats and custard, Apple Flapjack Trifle is more than just a delicious dessert. Packed with essential nutrients, this indulgent treat can also provide several health benefits. Let’s take a closer look at how this delicious dessert can contribute to your well-being.
1. Apples to boost nutrients
Apple flapjack trifles include Cox or red apples, which are rich in vitamins, fiber and antioxidants. Apples are a great source of vitamin C, which supports a healthy immune system. They also contain fiber, which supports digestion, promotes satiety and helps maintain a healthy weight.
2. Oats for heart health
The recipe contains 100g of porridge, making this trifle an excellent source of whole grains. Oats are known for their heart-healthy properties. They contain soluble fiber, which can help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
3. Custard for calcium
Fresh vanilla pudding with its creamy and velvety texture not only gives this little treat a special treat, but also provides valuable nutrients. Vanilla pudding from a 500g carton of fresh vanilla pudding provides a good amount of calcium. Calcium is essential for maintaining strong bones and teeth and plays a critical role in nerve function and muscle contraction.
4. Double cream for energy
The trifle contains a 10 ounce carton of double cream, which adds to its deliciousness. In addition to improving the taste, double cream also provides energy due to its high calorie content. Due to its fat content, it should be consumed in moderation, but can also be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet.
5. Blackcurrant coulis for antioxidants
For added flavor and nutritional value, this recipe includes 2 tablespoons of blackcurrant coulis. Blackcurrants are rich in antioxidants, which help protect our cells from damage caused by harmful molecules called free radicals. Incorporating blackcurrant coulis into the trifle adds a touch of spice and a dose of beneficial antioxidants.
With its combination of healthy ingredients, Apple Flapjack Trifle proves that desserts can be both filling and nutritious. This delicious treat allows you to pamper your taste buds while reaping the health benefits of each ingredient. Enjoy it as an occasional treat and enjoy every spoonful without feeling guilty!