Serve these ready-made puddings with coffee, dessert wine or fresh mint tea for a real after-dinner treat. Enjoy the delicious combination of sweet almonds and honey, perfectly complemented by the creamy orange filling. This pastry is a delicious treat that is sure to impress your guests. Whether served at a dinner party or enjoyed as a sweet afternoon treat, this almond honey pastry with orange cream is a delicious addition to any menu. Make them in advance to save on prep and enjoy the convenience of a stress-free dessert. Bon appetit!
- 200 g whole, blanched almonds, roasted and roughly chopped
- 85g powdered sugar, plus a little more for serving
- 85g butter, melted
- 2 tsp orange blossom water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg yolk
- 190g pack of briquette dough
- clear honey for serving
- Zest of 1 orange
- 300g Greek yogurt
- 300 ml can of double cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar, sifted
This is similar to filo but crispier and easier
work with. It comes in round leaves of
Waitrose. If necessary, you can use phyllo – cut
Cut into 15 cm wide strips and add a thin sausage
Add some of the nut mixture to the end of the strip, then fold
Spread over the edges and roll up like a cigar.
- Set aside a quarter of the almonds.
- Place the remaining almonds in a food processor with the powdered sugar, half the butter, orange blossom water, cinnamon and egg yolks.
- Mix the ingredients in the food processor until a paste forms.
- Scrape the paste into a bowl and stir in most of the remaining chopped nuts.
- Roll out one sheet of brik dough at a time.
- Brush the entire dough sheet with melted butter.
- Halve the dough into 2 semicircles.
- Form 1 heaped tablespoon of the nut mixture into a thin wedge shape along half the edge of the dough.
- Leave a 1-inch border on the rounded side of the dough.
- Roll up the dough like a cone and seal the nut mixture inside.
- Brush the dough cone with more butter.
- Fold the open, wide end of the dough over to seal.
- Place the pastry on a baking sheet, end flap down, to keep it closed.
- Repeat the process until all the nut mixture is used up.
- Cover the pastry with cling film and chill.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the zest, yogurt, cream and powdered sugar.
- Cover the yogurt mixture and chill.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Place the pastry in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Just before the pastry is ready, stir the yogurt mixture until thick.
- Stack the pastries on a serving platter.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle the remaining nuts on top.
- Serve the pastry with the orange cream and honey orange and grapefruit.
Equipment and tools
Before starting the recipe, make sure you have the following equipment and tools:
- mixing bowl
- parchment paper
- rolling pin
- Pastry brush
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Gluten (when using briquette)
- Dairy products (Greek yogurt, double cream)
Please ensure all ingredients are suitable for your dietary needs and restrictions.
Storage and leftovers
Store the almond honey pastry with orange cream in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can be stored for up to 3 days.
If you have leftovers, simply reheat them in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for a few minutes until warm. Serve with a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of powdered sugar for a delicious treat.
Health benefits of almond honey pastries with orange cream
Almond honey pastries with orange cream are not only a delicious treat, but also offer numerous health benefits. This delicious dessert combines the goodness of almonds, honey, orange peel, Greek yogurt and double cream for a nutritious and flavorful experience.
Almonds are a powerhouse full of essential nutrients. They are an excellent source of healthy fats, proteins, fiber, vitamins and minerals. Including almonds in your diet can support heart health, aid weight management, and improve digestion. Almonds are also rich in antioxidants that help reduce oxidative stress and inflammation in the body.
Honey is a natural sweetener that offers numerous health benefits. It contains antioxidants and antibacterial properties that can boost the immune system and fight certain infections. Honey is also known to soothe coughs, improve digestion, and be a quick source of energy. However, due to its high sugar content, it is important to consume honey in moderation.
3. Orange peel
Adding orange peel to the pastry not only enhances the flavor, but also provides an extra dose of vitamin C. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that strengthens the immune system, supports collagen production for healthier skin, and supports the absorption of plant-based iron Groceries.
4. Greek yogurt
Greek yogurt is a rich source of protein, calcium and probiotics. Protein is essential for muscle growth and repair, while calcium promotes strong bones and teeth. Probiotics are beneficial bacteria that support gut health and improve digestion. Greek yogurt also contains less lactose compared to regular yogurt, making it a suitable option for those with lactose intolerance.
5. Double cream
Although double cream is high in calories and saturated fat, it can be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. The small amount of double cream used in this recipe gives the dessert a creamy texture and delicious taste. However, people with certain health problems, such as: B. high cholesterol or heart disease, consume Double Cream sparingly.
In summary, almond honey pastry with orange cream offers a combination of taste and health benefits. Enjoy this pastry in moderation while reaping the nutritional benefits of almonds, honey, orange peel, Greek yogurt, and double cream. Pamper your taste buds without compromising your well-being!