Treat yourself to a truly sensational dining experience with our incredible All-American T-Bone recipe. This exceptional dish showcases a timeless American favorite: a delicious sirloin that’s sure to impress. With a distinctive T-shaped bone and delicious meat on both sides, it offers an excellent opportunity to share and enjoy. Cooked to perfection, this classic steak promises to create memories and satisfy even the most discerning palates. Brighten up your next special dinner by indulging in the unforgettable flavors of our All-American T-Bone.
- 700g T-bone steak
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ small pack of thyme
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 50g butter
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Place an oven-safe grill pan over high heat.
- Season the T-bone steak on both sides.
- Rub both sides of the steak with garlic cloves, thyme and olive oil.
- Place the steak in the hot skillet and cook for about 2 minutes or until grill marks form on the bottom.
- Turn the steak over and cook the other side.
- Rub the top of the steak again with thyme.
- Place thyme and garlic on the meat.
- Cook the steak until it is evenly browned all over and has grill lines.
- Set thyme and garlic aside.
- Hold the steak with tongs and sear the fatty side to make it smooth. This makes it soft instead of crispy.
- Lay the steak flat again.
- Add thyme, garlic and butter to the steak.
- Place the pan in the oven and let the meat cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the meat reaches 140-145°F on a probe thermometer, or your preferred level of doneness.
- Let the steak rest for 5-6 minutes.
- Serve the T-bone steak on a board or large plate in the center of the table.
Equipment and tools
- Grilling or BBQ
- Basting brush
- Garlic press
Please note that this recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (butter)
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply warm the steak in a skillet over medium-high heat until heated through. Enjoy!
Health Benefits of All-American T-Bone
In addition to being a delicious and flavorful cut of meat, the All-American T-Bone Steak also offers a number of health benefits. Packed with essential nutrients, this classic American favorite can be a nutritious addition to your diet when consumed in moderation. Let’s take a closer look at why you should incorporate T-bone steak into your meals:
1. High quality protein
T-bone steak is a rich source of high-quality protein, which is essential for building and repairing tissue in the body. Protein also plays a crucial role in supporting muscle growth, maintaining healthy bones, and boosting metabolism. Including T-bone steak in your diet can help you meet your protein needs and keep you feeling fuller for longer.
2. Iron Rich
T-bone steak is a great source of iron, a vital mineral that helps form healthy red blood cells. Iron is responsible for transporting oxygen throughout the body and maintaining overall energy levels. Including T-bone steak in your meals can help prevent iron deficiency anemia and support optimal tissue oxygenation.
3. Immune-boosting zinc
This delicious cut of steak also contains zinc, an important mineral that plays a key role in supporting a healthy immune system. Zinc helps produce immune cells and antibodies that help fight infection and disease. Adding T-bone steak to your diet can contribute to a stronger immune system.
4. Omega-3 fatty acids
Contrary to popular belief, T-bone steak contains a modest amount of omega-3 fatty acids. Although not as high as those found in fatty fish like salmon, these essential fatty acids play a crucial role in promoting heart health, reducing inflammation and supporting brain function. Including T-bone steak in your diet can provide a small but valuable amount of omega-3 fatty acids.
5. Vitamins and minerals
T-bone steak contains various vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B12, vitamin B6, niacin, selenium and phosphorus. These nutrients are essential for optimal nerve function, energy production, DNA synthesis and bone health. Including T-bone steak in your meals can help you reach the recommended daily intake of these important vitamins and minerals.
Although All-American T-Bone Steak offers numerous health benefits, it is important to consume it in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Opting for leaner cuts, removing excess fat, and cooking methods that don’t use too much oil or butter can help preserve the healthiness of this delicious steak.